Woolley Wood / Mansel Schools
Featured Case Studies
Woolley Wood Mansel School
“Working with Jefferson Sheard has seen the needs of the children at the centre of the design. The new school is a fantastic place to learn and work and makes a massive difference to what we do for our children.”
Dean Linkhorn, Headteacher, Woolley Wood SEN Primary School
Kier Sheffield LLP
SEN and Primary School Co-location
£7m / € 8.5m
Rate valid as of 23.04.12
Woolley Wood and Mansel Primary Schools have been working together to co-locate both sets of pupils in a new specially built school. Jefferson Sheard were appointed to design the brand new primary school building with state-of-the-art facilities.
- Woolley Wood was re-located and adjoined to the existing Mansel Primary School, which also underwent major refurbishment.
- The new school has been designed to accommodate children with severe and complex learning difficulties and disabilities (LDD) and an increased number of wheelchair users as well as able bodied pupils.
- The design has incorporated many features specific to the needs of disabled children including unique facilities such as a hydrotherapy pool and an interactive sensory room.
- Pupils from both schools are benefitting from the installation of new equipment and essential facilities, and additional facilities are provided for the wider community.
- Phased works were carried out to ensure that Mansel Primary School remained fully functional during the duration of the build and was completed on-time.