Greenwich Reach Health Centre
Featured Case Studies
Greenwich Reach Medical Centre
Medical Centre Developments (for Bexley & Greenwich Primary Care Trust)
Greenwich Reach Health Centre (now The Wallace Health Centre)
£1.2 / €1.4m
Rate valid as of 18.04.12
Our client wanted a single, purpose built centre to house a variety of healthcare services, including a four doctor GP surgery, community health clinic, dental practice and personnel training centre. The required accommodation presented a challenge on this confined urban site.
- Located within the Millennium Quay development, a major residential regeneration scheme of over 600 new homes, this site presented an opportunity for a landmark building as a gateway into Greenwich town centre and a focus for the new and existing community.
- Arranged over three floors, the layout is designed to engender good staff and patient relationships.
- The curves of the building evoke the history of the area and its links with sailing ships.
- The materials chosen of brick, render and glass create lightness and a sense of welcome to visitors and staff.
- The full height glazing at the front of the building affords spectacular views across the river to Canary Wharf.
- A mature green olive tree at the entrance provides a symbol of healthy living.